Biden at SU

Tickets for Joe Biden speech available starting Tuesday

Margaret Lin | Staff Photographer

Joe Biden, seen here at an event campaigning for Dan Maffei in 2014, will speak at SU on Thursday about sexual assault prevention. It's Biden's first visit to campus since announcing he would not run for president in 2016.

Tickets for Vice President Joe Biden’s speaking event on Thursday will be available on Tuesday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. in the Schine Student Center.

Syracuse University students with valid SUIDs can pick up free tickets for the event from the Schine Box Office during this time. Limited tickets are available for faculty, staff and the general public as this is a student-focused event, according to an SU News release.

The doors to Goldstein Auditorium will open for the event at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday. All attendees will go through “airport-like security” and should bring as few personal items as possible, according to the release. A bag and coat check will be available. Cameras are permitted, according to the release.

Biden, an alumnus of SU’s College of Law, will be speaking at SU as a part of the “It’s On Us” campaign’s National Week of Action.

The vice president’s visit to SU is part of a four-stop college tour to promote the White House’s “It’s On Us” public awareness campaign, which is aimed at raising awareness about and preventing sexual assault on college campuses.

Biden will be speaking about sexual assault prevention at three other college campuses next week, including the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland; Clemson University in South Carolina; and Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia, the White House said Friday.