Syracuse defensive back Malcolm Folk transfers to Kent State

Joe Zhao | Asst. Photo Editor

Syracuse defensive back Malcolm Folk announced on social media that he will transfer to Kent State, becoming the second SU player to find a new school after Leon Lowery transferred to Wisconsin.

Support The Daily Orange this holiday season! The money raised between now and the end of the year will go directly toward aiding our students. Donate today.

Syracuse defensive back Malcolm Folk announced through a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, that he will transfer to Kent State. Folk is the second SU player to enter the portal and find a new school. The first was linebacker Leon Lowery, who transferred to Wisconsin last week.

Folk entered the portal on Nov. 27, two days after the Orange’s 35-31 win over Wake Forest to clinch a postseason berth. He was one of four players to announce his intentions to enter the portal on that day, per 247Sports. Folk, Lowery, Jakobie Seabourn and Aman Greenwood all entered the portal on that day.

Folk played in seven games this season but recorded no tackles or interceptions. In his redshirt freshman season last year, he tallied four tackles and 0.5 tackles for a loss in three contests.

247Sports rated Folk three stars and he was a top 30 prospect out of Pennsylvania.